UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

SLC behind the digital TV turn?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

SLC behind the digital TV turn? Empty
PostSubject: SLC behind the digital TV turn?   SLC behind the digital TV turn? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2006 10:58 pm

I've curiously come upon digital TV in Spokane that is making some unique offerings (a series of events with KXLY allowed them to turn their translator into a low-power signal that covers the city) as well as a 24/7 news channel available on broadcast/secondary digital in Boise.

I know that in SLC we've got "NBC Weather Plus" like every NBC affiliate around the country seems to have and then "The Buzz" on ABC4's secondary channel.

So, since most people are apparently able to see these things now (???) why are SLC's offerings so small? Why hasn't anyone bought up a UHF signal and put something interesting on it? SLC's got a few that could do something I would think... (KUPX of course comes to mind)

This second channel in Spokane is taking "MY Network TV", a local newscast (although it looks like it's more fluff than realistic news, even for TV) as well as airing local DJs- one group radio, another a former radio duo (their station flipped formats), and yet another a live on-air show. Boise has a similar process for "Idaho Talks Live" on KTRV-Fox 12 up there.
Back to top Go down
Les84088

Les84088

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-09-18

SLC behind the digital TV turn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLC behind the digital TV turn?   SLC behind the digital TV turn? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 3:26 am

Sam I believe alot of the side bands are being leased & used for financially troubled USDTV. This is the list. You know if they added more channels like Nick and History it could be an awesome service just don't understand why it's not working? Price wise 19.99 is not bad
2.1 KUTV CBS-HD
4.1 KTVX ABC-HD
4.2 FOUR-2 Local
5.1 KSL NBC
5.2 KSL NBC-HD
5.3 KSL NBC Weather Plus
7.1 KUED PBS
7.2 KUED PBS-HD
7.3 KUED PBS Kids
9.1 KUEN Education
9.2 Ann/CPB Annenburg
9.3 KUER FM NPR-Radio