UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

96.7 and KSOP

Go down 
+2
CAwasinNJ
Les84088
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Les84088

Les84088

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-09-18

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2006 2:17 pm

I don't think it's weather related?

I live in in Bluffdale and have been using 96.7 for KSOP for over a week now, It's a much stronger signal on the southwest end of the valley then I can get on 104.3 so I hope it's not temp
Back to top Go down
CAwasinNJ

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-09

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 12:20 am

Les84088 wrote:
I don't think it's weather related?

I live in in Bluffdale and have been using 96.7 for KSOP for over a week now, It's a much stronger signal on the southwest end of the valley then I can get on 104.3 so I hope it's not temp

That really makes no sense. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it makes no sense. Smile

Even if that was the 96.7 translator that was running KPGR and KUSU, the full power station should be stronger. I don't get it.

You're both sure that it's KSOP you're hearing and not Kix 96 right?
Back to top Go down
kitkar

kitkar

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-09-16

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 12:22 pm

it keeps saying 104.3 The Cowboy and I'm listening to it today on my new mp3 player that has an FM add-on and I'm in South Jordan and 96.7 is coming in strong with KSOP? santa santa

You know something may have been tweaked or twisted that was not suppose to be tweaked or twisted at the translator site which is Fort Douglas right? and they just have'nt figured it out yet? It is the holidays
Back to top Go down
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 7:13 pm

kitkar wrote:
it keeps saying 104.3 The Cowboy and I'm listening to it today on my new mp3 player that has an FM add-on (in other words, a Microsoft Zune)

You know something may have been tweaked or twisted that was not suppose to be tweaked or twisted at the translator site which is Fort Douglas right?

The translator moved to "Little" Farnsworth peak at one point and was sold off by USU because unfortunately they were unable to shield 91.5 sufficiently from interference of other nearby stations. The translator is in the commercial band so it has to receive its programming off air rather than satellite.

I am not sure why KSOP is popping in on it, unless KPGR got permission to air KSOP over their own airwaves over the holidays. KOHS was the station in danger of being "borrowed" by that religious out of state group though, right?
Back to top Go down
CAwasinNJ

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 11:59 pm

SamSpade wrote:

I am not sure why KSOP is popping in on it, unless KPGR got permission to air KSOP over their own airwaves over the holidays. KOHS was the station in danger of being "borrowed" by that religious out of state group though, right?

KOHS was the almost hijacked station, yes.

I was going to say that KPGR rebroadcasting KSOP is the best explanation I've seen so far, but there's a problem. KSOP is a commercial station. As you pointed out, the translator woul dhave to pick up something off-air. So if KPGR is running KSOP's programming, they would have to figure out how to block the commercials or they'd be in violation of their non-comm license parameters.
Back to top Go down
CAwasinNJ

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 am

I finally remembered to check 96.7 in Salt Lake today. I agree, it must be the translator that was running KPGR (and before that KUSU). It has the same telltale signs; losing the signal for a split second every once in a while and an almost non-existent modulation level. Why exactly it's doing that, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
DSPete Your Admin
Admin
DSPete Your Admin

Number of posts : 52

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2006 3:23 pm

KSOP 96.7 Well it's changed since the day I brought it up? It's now a muddy sound but on the 24th & 25th it was a very clear sounding signal.
Back to top Go down
http://utahradiotalk.editboard.com
CAwasinNJ

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 1:49 am

DSPete Your Admin wrote:
KSOP 96.7 Well it's changed since the day I brought it up? It's now a muddy sound but on the 24th & 25th it was a very clear sounding signal.

They found the modulation knob! Hallelujah!

I really don't get what they're doing. There can't be that many people that can receive 96.7 better than 104.3, but the station is really just there to make sure that nobody else encroaches on KQMB anyway so....
Back to top Go down
DSPete Your Admin
Admin
DSPete Your Admin

Number of posts : 52

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 10:50 pm

I'm so glad that Christopher John has joined the forum and I'm hoping he will clear this up for us...Now it's a terrible sound but earlier it was great? If Les is getting a great signal out in Bluffdale then it must be the Fort Douglas one right?
Back to top Go down
http://utahradiotalk.editboard.com
Christopher John

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-01-05

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 11:02 pm

Yay! I finally made it this forum,,,, So 96.7 is a mystery to us here at KSOP as well, the equipment must be misaligned or mistuned because we had no clue until i actually stumbled across it on this forum.. Anyone know where this translator is and who owns it??? Sorry I couldnt be more help Very Happy

DSPete Your Admin wrote:
I'm so glad that Christopher John has joined the forum and I'm hoping he will clear this up for us...Now it's a terrible sound but earlier it was great? If Les is getting a great signal out in Bluffdale then it must be the Fort Douglas one right?
Back to top Go down
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Christopher John wrote:
Anyone know where this translator is and who owns it??? Sorry I couldnt be more help Very Happy

Yay, good to see you here. Smile

As far as I know, Bob Morey (KSRR 1400, KQMB 96.7- Levan) owns it. I believe he bought it from Utah State when they were unable to get an acceptable signal strength out into the valley for KUSU/KUSR unfortunately. It was carrying KPGR, although it's not like you could hear it (at least where I used to live on the east side of town).

Friend Lee worked on it (engineering wise) for USU, but I'm sure someone else is responsible for it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

96.7 and KSOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96.7 and KSOP   96.7 and KSOP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96.7 and KSOP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM :: Radio Talk-
Jump to: