UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

The more it changes, the more is stays the same.

Go down 
+2
radioman
ThePinhead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePinhead

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-01-08

The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Empty
PostSubject: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 9:35 pm

It’s literally been over a year since I have peeked in at a radio talk board. And might I say it’s so sad to see that not a thing has changed.

Mind you I mostly blame local radio owners for this. I know there are plenty of motivated disc jockeys and program directors out there just hoping for a chance to do something original and entertaining.

On the same hand I also realize that there are some employee’s, both disc jockeys and program directors that just “suck up” to management so they can keep their jobs. These people are not doing themselves or their radio kin any favors. It may help them keep their job in the short run but this will eventually kill the brand they are hoping to grow.

There is a reason that many of the most talented radio people are no longer on the air locally. These people stuck to their convictions and then were shown the door for their efforts in trying to producing a better product for the listener and the company alike.

Are the days of radio being regarded as an art form by management are over? From what I have heard and read over the last few years the answer would have to be a resounding yes!

Kudos’ to those out there that resist towing the company line just to collect that small check every 2 weeks. Just know there are others out there (myself included) that are still working on bringing radio back to its roots. It’s obviously not an easy task and it’s taking quite some time. But for those of us who truly love what radio once stood for it’s a labor of love!

Let’s all hope 2007 will be looked back on as a year of change for radio in general.

Peace and stuff and things.
Back to top Go down
radioman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 12:09 am

Ok so I guess it's time to convert from the other board to Utah Radio Talk's board! I like the way that this is turning into the place for the people that work in radio to hold discussions, I've always liked the way DSPete has ran his sites and applaud him for being a little looser on the board.

I do work in radio but unlike the boys and gals of Millcreek I cannot stress where I work do to policy scratch

Ohh yea Pinhead if you get that company to think the way you want it too please let me know I'm signing up with you because I'm tired of the corp crap that I'm under! But I do make a good living working for who I do but for how much longer?

Radio Man
Back to top Go down
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 10:55 am

Good to see you, Mr. Tapp. :-) I was just e-mailing with a friend about KJQ so he can better work out their Wikipedia page. Funny how you popped up here just afterward. *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
fibonacci

fibonacci

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 2:31 pm

umm.... i'm lost. what's going on now?
Back to top Go down
BigBopper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 8:24 pm

I really enjoyed what you wrote Pinhead, you hit it right on the nose! I hope that you can save radio. Its going to be one station at a time. Where are you looking to start?
Back to top Go down
Victor Cade

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2007 11:41 pm

The reason alot of us are still in the business is not because of the ass kissing for the small pay check every two weeks. It is because of the passion for the business and the music industry. If I dint love what I do, trust me I would not have worked so hard to get to where I am today, and would not still be here if I did not still have love for the business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The more it changes, the more is stays the same.   The more it changes, the more is stays the same. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The more it changes, the more is stays the same.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM :: Radio Talk-
Jump to: