UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

Ratings

Go down 
+3
SamSpade
shadradio
Brian Baldwin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian Baldwin

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm

I guess it was a good time to jump ship at the MIX (whether I was pushed or not doesn't matter! Very Happy ) But, as I look at the U92 ratings, I wonder if KTCE is pulling some of that load, even if it be only a .7 or .8. They still have KTCE as a retransmission of U92. I wonder if KTCE is affecting the MIX's numbers in Utah County as well with a similar format. If they are, horray for the little guy!

KSFI went up for Christmas, I don't like Christmas so I don't know why, but Bonneville still holds the top two stations.

What surprises me is KOSY, they didn't move even with the Christmas music, which is usually a big draw (once again, I hate when these stations switch to all Christmas). In the End, I would rather listen to KOSY than FM 100, but that is my opinion.

The Jazz help KBER and KFNZ.

KSL rocks!

My 99.5 tumbles!

The End is up slightly....

Well, those are the stations I listen to.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadradio

shadradio

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 6:47 pm

It's not my world or music!! The problem is (Just my opinion) I do listen to The Mix but man everything sounds the same Nickleback,Dauhtry,Creed so tired of the same voices in songs sorry guys went back to the End.

Now this would be very cool if The River dropped it's format and picked up MY 99.5's Classic Alternative HD2 signal I have given that a listen at Best Buy and it is way great too bad radio's are 250.00 for a little box. This is KJQ of old done right.

KYMV needs some personality like L.A's and Las Vegas's Party & Movin' at least at night, KOAY poop bring back FM Talk and let K-Love due the rest
Back to top Go down
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 12:49 am

shadradio wrote:
Now this would be very cool if The River dropped it's format and picked up MY 99.5's Classic Alternative HD2 signal I have given that a listen at Best Buy and it is way great too bad radio's are 250.00 for a little box. This is KJQ of old done right.

YOu can stream any Clear Channel "HD" format online at: http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/hdradio/ (*they now break the stuff up by state, but I am pretty sure it is the same 32 feeds they were offering to their stations and others in markets nationwide)

http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/formatlab/ Found the original link.
Back to top Go down
cabbie

cabbie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-09-25

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:22 am

Hey Sam!
That format lab is awesome thanks for finding that!!
Back to top Go down
fibonacci

fibonacci

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 1:46 pm

Looks like the BEE is going to stick around some more. It's one of those 'average' stations that lives on .. and on .. and on .. We need more of those types.
Back to top Go down
kcruise

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-12-13

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Brian - thank you for the kind words, however, you have it all wrong. KUUU does not simulcast on KTCE. Our agreement with KTCE was up in 2006. That is when we switched to KAUU 105.1. Moreover, with the streamlining of arbitron we don't see what KAUU brings to the table. We only see one signal - KUUU, which had the 4.1 (12+).
Back to top Go down
Brian Baldwin

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 pm

I have an Arbitron sheet right in front of me, dated 12/27/06. (less than a month ago... about the time the book was completed!) KTCE is listed as "U92 Blazin HipHop Beat"... The exact same phrase as KAUU and KUUU. So, this tells me that if anyone who may have reported that they listened to KTCE or 92.1 in Utah County, their report would be credited with U92. Plus, just on Allaccess and Radioandrecords.com KUUU and KTCE are listed together! The big jump from U92 appears to be in the last two phases of the ratings AND that is about the time KTCE broke away.

Now, all I did was speculate that maybe KTCE was earning its own ratings and being reported on U92, thus explaining their big jump.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CAwasinNJ

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 4:53 am

KTCE has been updated for Winter 2007

Winter 2007 Station Information Profile (SIP) on File with Arbitron
Call Letter: KTCE-FM
Frequency: 92.1
Station Name: THE EDGE 92.1 FM
Format: Hot Adult Contemporary
Back to top Go down
Brian Baldwin

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 1:27 pm

Thanks for the info. From now on, no more confusion.

P.S. (update) I did find that on the arbitron ratings sheet that KTCE was STILL listed with KUUU for the fall 2006 ratings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings   Ratings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratings
Page 1 of 1