HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

Share | 

Bonneville makes even more changes - lost in the SF sale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Bonneville makes even more changes - lost in the SF sale   Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 am

http://washington.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2007/01/22/daily9.html

Apparently Bonneville thought they knew what they were doing in the *hit* music format and killed WGMS (after moving it to Z104's frequencies). That company sure makes sweeping changes. Apparently "George" sure sounds a lot like "Jack" which they brought into St. Louis, San Francisco and bought in Phoenix (without paying for the 'big' name).

Appparently WETA realized that D.C. still has a classical market worth targeting and quickly kicked back to the format. I believe D.C. was in a similar situation to SLC, where there are two NPR stations that focus on the news/talk programming segment.

Oh yes, this also made NPR's national (weekend) program "On the Media:"
http://www.onthemedia.org/transcripts/2007/01/26/07

Last edited by on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CAwasinNJ

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bonneville makes even more changes - lost in the SF sale   Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 am

SamSpade wrote:
Appparently WETA realized that D.C. still has a classical market worth targeting and quickly kicked back to the format. I believe D.C. was in a similar situation to SLC, where there are two NPR stations that focus on the news/talk programming segment.

From what I heard, WETA has previously been more music intensive but dropped that a few years back. The odd part was that so much of the talk programming was duplicated on another NPR station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bonneville makes even more changes - lost in the SF sale
Page 1 of 1