UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

UBA address on FCC legalities

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CAwasinNJ

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-09

UBA address on FCC legalities Empty
PostSubject: UBA address on FCC legalities   UBA address on FCC legalities Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 5:13 pm

(This is in reference to the story at http://www.utradioguide.com/news_02_16_07.htm)

First, great story Rob. I hadn't heard about this and the insight into what's being talked about behind the scenes is fascinating.

I have a few comments (but don't I always....) I agree completely with what's attributed to Ralph Carlson. What isn't mentioned there is that an alternative to IBOC on AM is already being done right at KDYL. Namely the Kahn digital system. It doesn't trash anything else around it. That alone seems to make it superior. Whether it sounds as good as the IBOC hash box I don't know, but from what I've heard of the Ibiquity thing it doesn't have to go far.

Public interest on HD2? The answer is easy. Just do what they do now on the analog main channels and interrupt the normal format for an hour once a week to run something. The example of all-traffic makes that easy. What kind of traffic problems are there at 5AM Sunday morning? The idiots need to give us SOME credit for brains.

Increase in LPFM applications? Again, ridiculously simple. Blow away the smokescreen that the NAB laid down about interference to second adjacents and be done with it. That won't help anywhere along the Wasatch because every available second adjacent from the SLC mains are either filled by a translator or a rimshot or have applications already pending for translators. Having an LP100 or LP10 taking precedence over a translator seems too much to hope for.

The rule about not putting phone calls on air without consent has been around for ages. Nothing new there folks. Read your textbooks.

That EEO stuff is pretty easy to deal with. This also has been going on for years. A station will announce a job opening even when they know exactly who's going to get it. It just going through the motions to make sure the politically correct nazis are appeased. At least in the old days you could take a demo tape and reuse it for station promo material and such. That doesn't work so well with CD-R's.
Back to top Go down

UBA address on FCC legalities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM :: Radio Talk-
Jump to: