UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

KCPX

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

KCPX Empty
PostSubject: KCPX   KCPX Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 1:29 pm

This is Utah Radio Guide's aircheck of the month. Someone needs to send R. Sanders some more airchecks! I only wish I had some.

Some things I noticed:
A) For a "hit" radio station, the presentation was certainly a lot more laid back. ... and sort of 'old' sounding.

B) I think a DJ would be crucified for saying something was on the 'black' charts now. Also, in my opinion, this DJ wasn't very good.

C) KCPX was very promotionally active- running more than one contest at once and tied into a lot of companies. One with the Bon (ah, miss that store) and another at something called "Rock Port Reservoir"

D) Public service was actually relevant at the time. They had a youth-oriented public affairs call in show. Talk about knowing your audience, making them feel like they have a voice!

But, I guess it's just cheaper now to package some generic broad reaching public affairs program - Clear Channel's is "Feedback" for example. (thanks, FCC)
Back to top Go down

KCPX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM :: Radio Talk-
Jump to: