UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DSPete Your Admin
Admin
DSPete Your Admin

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-09-16

Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down Empty
PostSubject: Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down   Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2006 6:55 pm

I'm afraid that Movin'100.7's destiny is to fail!!! Why you ask? What has Simmons done to promote it? A 30 second ad that was shown for 2 weeks? No billboards - No Bus Signs - Pretty much just word of mouth.

I think it's a great format but they are not playing some of the older stuff that other Movin FM's are playing. I really thought they would hit alot more 80's dance and some 70's disco.

Looks like we may only have 7 months left of Movin' if the numbers don't increase by the one year mark...97.5 FM Talk which I thought was a good station but was pulled after 1 year because of low #'s

I hope I'm wrong on this but I don't see much promotion for KYMV and it should have been pushed in our faces from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
http://utahradiotalk.editboard.com
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Promotion   Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2006 11:26 pm

Unfortunately, "The Eagle" got so much plug because Simmons instantly stopped putting any money into FM100, "The Arrow" or "Star" back in '03. That allowed them to take the promotional $ they would've used there for their new little pet.

I agree that "Movin" could use some promotion, it is certainly promoted here in Portland in top of the hour ID flashes on stations like katu 2 and there are a few logo splashes here and there.

Also, the station here is pretty varied, I do find it sort of hard to listen to - but that is because I'm not a huge fan of current urban/hurban crossover into top 40, which of course is tossed in. They also have some of their own imaging liners now, they seem to be moving a little from the standard "Taesha" and "Brad" liners and are even using a different voice. (107.5)

Also, several of my friends here have latched onto it and seem to really like it. I think they stumbled onto something here, but I really wish it had DJ's. I think we can all see that "Jack" hasn't saved radio as its ratings fall in markets nationwide.
Back to top Go down
shadradio

shadradio

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down   Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2006 1:25 am

I like the 100.7 but just a little too much Justin Timberlake and Beyonce' and I too also wish they played just a little more oldies dance stuff like Party 93.1 in Vegas heres a list of 10 songs from them, Hey I say Clear Channel drops The River and does 105.7 The Party like Denver or Vegas

No Diggity
Blackstreet

Waiting for Tonight
Jennifer Lopez

Hollaback Girl
Gwen Stefani

September
Earth, Wind & Fire

100% Pure Love
Crystal Waters

Head to Toe
Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam

Word Up!
Cameo

Crazy In Love
Beyonce / Jay-Z

Y.m.c.a
Village People

Unwritten
Natasha Bedingfield
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down   Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movin'100.7 Thumbs up / Thumbs Down
Page 1 of 1