UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
utradioguide

utradioguide

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-10-25

97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)! Empty
PostSubject: 97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)!   97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 11:33 pm

It's 8:30 PM on Saturday night (1/27) and ZHT is sounding terrible! They are running a program, most likely on CD, and it's skipping! It may be on the computer, but got messed up when it was ripped into the computer.

They've lost all their listeners for tonight.

I wonder how long it will take for anybody ... Mark McCartney? Somebody surely will hear this and run over and fix it. I mean, just the automated playlist is better than this. The sad part is that 2801 S. Decker Lake Drive is probably empty right now.

It makes me wonder ... if radio is nothing but a CD, then what can they do any better than I can with my Magnavox CD player at home?

Listen: http://www.mediamax.com/utradioguide/Hosted/kzht_2007_yuck.mp3

I post this, not to trash on ZHT, but mainly because of how out of place this sounds. Lately ZHT has been sounding great, and they've put a lot of work into making a great night show, sometimes with two or three staff members in house ... a HUGE improvement over what I'm hearing tonight.
Back to top Go down
CAwasinNJ

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)!   97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:33 am

utradioguide wrote:
It's 8:30 PM on Saturday night (1/27) and ZHT is sounding terrible! They are running a program, most likely on CD, and it's skipping! It may be on the computer, but got messed up when it was ripped into the computer.

That sounds like a live CD to me. I don't think a bad rip would sound like that. That was a syndicated show, right? Could be that it's distributed on CD and rather than ripping for a one-off broadcast they just load the disc into a player and have it fired off when the right time comes. It does sound horrendous though.
Back to top Go down
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: 97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)!   97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 4:08 am

Goodness. That sounds terrible. I don't think that the building on Decker Lake Dr. is empty, but I have no idea which of the several stations housed there has a person in studio.
KNRS - doubtful, but they may have someone in for breaking news stuff... although they gave that over to KSL a long time ago.

KALL- I think their studio is somewhere in Simmons palace now.

KWDZ- Ha ha ha, yeah, right.

KODJ - Quite possibly. However, I assume that unless the off air alarm sounds, the person won't know what the other stations are doing.

KZHT- Not unless there were major engineering issues!

KJMY- Ha ha ha, yeah, right. Or, are they still planning out "My Pod" Saturday Night?

KXRV- I think we all know this station doesn't have the budget for much live airstaff anymore.

KOSY- Ha ha ha, see point about KXRV, KJMY.

Also, UTRadioGuide, the new dial pages look great... just a few errors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)!   97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

97.1 ZHT sounding TERRIBLE (tonight, normally sounds good)!
Page 1 of 1