UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

News/Media coverage of shooting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

News/Media coverage of shooting Empty
PostSubject: News/Media coverage of shooting   News/Media coverage of shooting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:10 am

This goes from a thread that CAWasInNJ started on the other site-

I was also surprised (as someone listening from a distance) that KSL's online stream was BYU coverage when initial reports were coming in. I later tuned back in after the turn over in the hour and "Nightside" had begun- they were covering what was going on.

I was a bit surprised nothing did come across KCPW (or KUER), but understand at the same time that it was after their traditional "operating hours" and that it was an issue public radio might not traditionally cover, outside of a 'blurb' as part of the local newscast at the top of the hour. In fact, a friend called me because the BBC did mention something in their top of the hour 10 pm (Mountain) newscast.

The Deseret (Morning) News Web site actually had excellent coverage, especially at my last check before going to bed for the evening. Say what you will about newspapers, but I was able to get a straight-forward report and what I needed to know without having to cut the clutter of TV coverage.
Back to top Go down
utradioguide

utradioguide

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-10-25

PostSubject: Re: News/Media coverage of shooting   News/Media coverage of shooting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:55 am

Surprisingly, I found 101.5 The Eagle, of all stations, had the BEST coverage on the radio.
Back to top Go down
DSPete Your Admin
Admin
DSPete Your Admin

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: News/Media coverage of shooting   News/Media coverage of shooting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 pm

To my surprise CNN on Satellite Radio went live with it for awhile?? Then Fox News Channel on Satellite??? I scanned the local scene and found nothing until KSL broke into it!

Give me me big hip hip hooray for local radio!!!!!!

And how many stations are located across the street from Trolley Square??
Back to top Go down
http://utahradiotalk.editboard.com
dolt

dolt

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: News/Media coverage of shooting   News/Media coverage of shooting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:20 am

How many 'personalities' are allowed to not follow the script?
Back to top Go down
basketball john

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: News/Media coverage of shooting   News/Media coverage of shooting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Most Jocks can take a moment and relay news. I am sure music stations do want to keep music on the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News/Media coverage of shooting   News/Media coverage of shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News/Media coverage of shooting
Page 1 of 1