UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

KUER suggestions?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SamSpade

SamSpade

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

KUER suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: KUER suggestions?   KUER suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 1:05 am

So, there was a post over at the other forum by Lynn Arave that KUER is seeking input from some of its larger donors about changes.

I don't know that 'local news' is the right direction, as KCPW is doing that trying to target the Salt Lake Valley. KUER does have a statewide audience day or night, so that brings in more options. I think "Radio West" is a well done call in program. OPB does not have a local call in program, but does produce a half-hour of local news magazine four days a week termed "Oregon Considered" - which sounds a lot like the national version. KUER could probably try something similar for statewide news in Utah- OPB's version is tied into a regional news network. I know that Boise State Radio is a part of the regional network.

Perhaps consider tying in with Utah Public Radio and Nevada Public Radio- strengthen regional news delivery by highlighting more of what is going on in the St. George/Vegas area and also the Cache Valley... I dunno.

I think their national schedule is strong. It would be weird to drop "Morning Edition," "All Things Considered," or "Marketplace. Beyond "Fresh Air" they don't have a lot of duplication with KCPW.

I think it is important to have a jazz station available, even if just in evenings, but it is not a viable programming situation during the day.

I also agree with a poster on the other forum that perhaps more student programming would be a plus. Their fees do help fund the station (if I understand things).
Back to top Go down
shadradio

shadradio

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-02

KUER suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KUER suggestions?   KUER suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 11:52 am

Agreed! More student programming PERIOD!
More shows like 90.9 does More Jazz and hey even the EZ format a few times a week. I say move most of the news stuff to the HD2 side and really open up KUER to more proggramming choices
Back to top Go down

KUER suggestions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM :: Radio Talk-
Jump to: