UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTAHRADIO.NET'S DISCUSSION FORUM

Utah Radio's Discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUtah Radio Talk Website

MoVin' in Portland

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radiogal

Radiogal

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-09-18

MoVin' in Portland Empty
PostSubject: MoVin' in Portland   MoVin' in Portland Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2006 4:44 pm

And yet another MoVin pops up in Portland. Geezz this format is all over now.

Signing Off RadioGal flower
Back to top Go down
looknohands

looknohands

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-09-17

MoVin' in Portland Empty
PostSubject: Re: MoVin' in Portland   MoVin' in Portland Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2006 6:49 pm

So we will be movin' in every major market?

was it the brain child of clear channel to have that cookie cutter Kiss format in every market so when you travel you can have a familiar taste of music?
Back to top Go down
utradioguide

utradioguide

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-10-25

MoVin' in Portland Empty
PostSubject: Re: MoVin' in Portland   MoVin' in Portland Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2006 1:47 am

They killed Mix 107.5???? Dang it! Crying or Very sad

I guess my "Portland's Mix 107.5" T-Shirt is a collectors item now. I mean, I never really have much chance to listen to it, or really knew if it was any good, but hey it WAS one of the last 80s stations in the country, so it had to be cool, right?

Oh well, at least it's Movin' and not Jack. Oh wait, they have Jack there too, except it's called Charlie. And it killed oldies, but that's a whole 'nother topic for another day.

I get the impression that Movin will be like all the "Mega" formats about 5 years ago. Jammin' Oldies was "the thing".... for about ten minutes. Too bad too, I liked Jammin' Oldies.
Back to top Go down
stitch

stitch

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2006-10-04

MoVin' in Portland Empty
PostSubject: Re: MoVin' in Portland   MoVin' in Portland Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2006 11:06 pm

You know what? It's an upbeat station, but I got a little too excited about it. I liked it, no doubt, but we need some live DJ's with that format and less repetition in the playlist... It's getting boring, because it lacks the luster that radio talent and a true dance station brings. Sad No Sad

It could be so much more... C'mon Simmons...Bring us something truly dazzling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MoVin' in Portland Empty
PostSubject: Re: MoVin' in Portland   MoVin' in Portland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MoVin' in Portland
Page 1 of 1